The grant of access to the TataWorld website (‘site’) is at the sole discretion of Tata Sons. The site can be accessed to and used exclusively by the employees within the Tata group and not for/by their family members and friends.
Section1 - Respecting Your Privacy
This Policy sets out:
- Our practices and policies on the management of personal information of our employees collected by us;
- Type of personal or sensitive personal data or information collected;
- The purpose of collection of personal information, the manner of collection, storage, use of and disclosure of such personal information; and
- Security practices and procedures adopted by us to protect your personal information collected by us.
We request you to read this Policy carefully before sharing personal information with us. By visiting tataworld.com, we assume your acceptance to the practices described in this Policy and if you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
Section 2 - What personal information do we collect and store
We shall collect your personal information if it is reasonable and necessary to do so, subject to this Policy and applicable Indian law.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, when you upload any information about yourself like your name, email address, house/office address and telephone number in order to apply for internal job vacancies in Tata companies.
- Information we get from your use of tataworld.com. This information includes, passwords, device information, location information, Cookies and anonymous identifiers.
- Information from Other Sources: We may also collect personal information about you from other third parties, such as third party service providers, whose websites you access through tataworld.com and with whom you share any information.
We may also gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. For example, this information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or other device identifiers, browser information, cookies Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, location, date/time stamp and clickstream data.
We take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration. To know more about the security measures adopted by us to protect your personal information, please see Section 5 of this Policy.
Section 3 - Access to your personal information
If you need to update your personal information in our records (e.g. if you change your address), please provide the updated details at the relevant place as stated above, to enable us to make the change. You may be requested to provide some verification before the information is recorded.
We shall not be responsible for the authenticity of any personal information supplied to us by you.
Section 4 - Purpose of collecting personal information and how is personal information used
Your information shall primarily be used to identify you as a user of tataworld.com, and will be used for the limited purpose of maintaining and building the database of users and communicating to them news and information on Tata companies. During scheduled chats and message board comments, employee contact information may be used for verifications at various stages of use.
In case we wish to use personal information provided by you for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Policy, we shall update or modify this Policy and publish the updated Policy on our website.
Section 5 - How we share your information
Tataworld.com is a group wide intranet accessible by all employees of the Tata companies everywhere. You may be accessing several external links while navigating through tataworld.com. These external links may belong to Tata companies or third party service providers. We may share personal information with other Tata companies, and also with other third parties, subject to the following terms:
- Employee consent: We will share your personal information with other Tata companies, and also with other third parties only with your consent. You can indicate your consent by using the website and any services through the website. Same level of data protection: We shall share your personal information only with such companies, organisations and individuals that ensure the same level of data protection that is set out under this policy and as required by applicable Indian laws.
Subject to the terms mentioned above, we would share your personal information with a third party for following reasons and under the following circumstances:
- For external processing: Provide your personal information to our affiliates or other trusted business associates or technology partners to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and applicable laws.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. They have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions, but shall not use it for other purposes or disclose it further.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we post offers on tataworld.com on behalf of different Tata companies. However, we do not give that company your name and address.
- For legal reasons: We will share your personal information if the same is necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Please note that we can share your personal information, without your consent, with Government agencies upon receiving a written request from any Government agency for such information.
Section 6 - Information security
We strive to protect ourselves and our users from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt our data using RSA encryption.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We also take measures to disable personal information when it is no longer required by us.
Section 7 - Grievance Cell
If you have any concerns regarding:
- discrepancies between the personal information provided by you and the information reflected in our records and the same have not been corrected and/or updated after you have provided updated information along with any verification required; or
- in respect of processing of your personal information;
then you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your concern shall be addressed in a time-bound manner.
Section 9 - Changes
Our Policy may change from time to time. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without your explicit consent. We will post any changes or update to this Policy on this webpage and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice. We will also keep prior versions of this Policy in an archive for your review.
Section 10- When this Policy applies
The Policy applies to all of the services offered by tataworld.com. This Policy does not apply to services offered by other companies or individuals, or other sites linked from tataworld.com, and which have separate privacy policies that do not incorporate this Policy. For example, the external websites which you may access through tataworld.com and which have their own privacy policies.
Third Party links
In accessing the third party hyperlinks through this site, TataWorld assumes no liability or responsibility of any nature whatsoever as regards accuracy, authenticity or otherwise of the information, representations and warranties made therein and the contractual relationship arising therefrom of the user.
Language and unauthorised use
Use of foul language and transmission thereof through the site is strictly prohibited. Unauthorised usage of employee login and password for access and use of the site would attract necessary action under the Tata Code of Conduct in addition to liabilities under the applicable Indian laws.
The views expressed in the articles sent by employees and published on the site are strictly personal and TataWorld does not necessarily subscribe to them. TataWorld has the sole discretion to select / edit / rewrite the contributions as necessary, and publish them after a reasonable amount of time. Though TataWorld endeavours to publish as many of the articles that are submitted as possible, the site cannot guarantee that all articles that are submitted will be published. Any articles that have obscene, unlawful, defamatory, libellous or hateful content, or have spam, commercial or advertising content or links will not be published.
All communications on and transactions emerging from the Bargain Corner are strictly between the notifier (advertiser) and the responder. TataWorld, its agencies and technology partners assumes no liability or responsibility of any nature whatsoever as regards the accuracy, reliability, completeness, currentness, timeliness or otherwise of any of the advertisements posted on the site. TataWorld, its agencies and technology partners also assume no responsibility as regards the quality, standard, authenticity, suitability, durability, etc or otherwise of the products advertised on the site. The deals struck through the Bargain Corner would be strictly between the advertiser and the responder, and TataWorld shall not be in any way responsible or liable for breach of any terms as may be agreed upon by and between the advertiser and the responder.